Look back: First squad meeting, April 1948
Following adoption of the constitution and by laws, the first official meeting of the Fanwood Rescue Squad occurred on April 6, 1948. Most of the 30 original members were there. The squad was formed by firefighters who saw a need for a dedicated ambulance service. The squad met in the fire department building where Carriage House Park is currently located and didn’t move into its current location until 1977, the year it was built.