Helping our Neighbors: It’s what we do
The Fanwood Rescue Squad is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization. It was formed in 1948 by several members of the Fanwood Fire Company who felt that the Borough needed its own Rescue Squad. Prior to that time, the service was provided by neighboring communities, particularly Scotch Plains. Charter membership at that time was 30. During this time the squad was housed in the Fire Hall (detailed squad history here).
The present Rescue Squad building, located at 123 Watson Road, was constructed in 1977 with the help of the volunteer members. It provides two vehicle bays, bathrooms, office, storerooms, a meeting/training room and a small kitchen. Following the lengthy power outages caused by a tornado in 1999, a backup generator was installed.
Currently, the Rescue Squad owns two ambulances: a 2009 Ford/Braun Chief and a 2017 Ford/ Braun Signature Series and a full complement of necessary emergency equipment.
President: Jamie Pedinoff
Treasurer: Nam-June Joe
Recording Secretary: Patty Buckridee
Corresponding Secretary: Eric Breidenstein
Captain: Ian Lewis
1st Lieutenant: Brian Downing
2nd Lieutenant: Ed Winsor
Sergeant: Juliana Lance
Training Officer: Melissa Padulsky
Chaplain: Patricia Buckridee
Historian: Tom Kranz
Trustees: James Stewart (’22), Ed Winsor (’23), Jeffrey Downing (’24)
Delegates: Patty Buckridee (’22), Karolyn Buckridee (’23), Joanie Lozowski (’24)
Alternate Delegates: Juliana Lance (’22), Ed Winsor (’23), Nita Yusuf (’24)